Sunday 23 November 2014

Brent Geese at Toab. No. 225

On the 22nd I took the bus down to Toab to see if I could get the Brent Geese that had been there (and at Exnaboe) the past week.

Within a few minutes of arriving I located the 3 Brent Geese in the parks near the shop, so easy lifer and Shetland Tick!

The 3 "peerie" Brent Geese

The rest of my birding was spent trying to find stuff in the rain but I ended up heading 'round with Paula and wasn't bad with just under 50 Pink-footed Geese being seen around the South.

Also the 23rd

I also did a bit of birding today round Clickimin and a few sites up north (Girlsta and Muckle Roe), for the day I managed to pull up 3 Gadwall, a Slavonian Grebe (on the Girlsta Loch for its 4th consecutive winter) and the Green-winged Teal was still on Orwick Water, Muckle Roe.

Male Goldeneye on Clickimin

The Slavonian Grebe which I first found four winters ago with a second bird and it was a lifer as well


No comments:

Post a Comment